Colorado is a modified right-to-work state, with the most progressive labor law in the country. The requires two elections and approval from 75 percent of a company's workers before becoming unionized. Follow the link for more information on Colorado's unique labor law.
Colorado provides a competitive tax structure that rewards investments and business innovation. In 2005, Coloradoans voted to invest in Colorado’s future, without raising taxes. Referendum C allows the state to retain excess tax revenues and permits the state to spend those revenues on K-12 public education, healthcare, public higher education, and transportation projects.
Colorado Targeted Tax Incentives
Colorado offers various targeted tax incentive programs to companies creating new jobs and investment in the state:
- - The Job Growth Incentive Tax Credit is a performance-based job creation incentive program that provides a state income tax credit equal to 50 percent of the FICA paid by the business on the net job growth for each calendar year in the credit period.
- - A business or any portion of a business that is involved in the maintenance and repair, completion or modification of aircraft located within the boundaries of an airport designated as an Aviation Development Zone may qualify for a state income tax credit of $1,200 per new full-time employee.
- - The Enterprise Zone Program provides tax credits for private enterprise to expand and for new businesses to locate in economically distressed areas of Colorado as designated by the Colorado Economic Development Commission (EDC). Businesses located in a zone may qualify for various Enterprise Zone Tax Credits and Incentives to encourage job creation and investment in Colorado.
- - Helps Colorado advanced industry companies receive capital from Colorado investors.
- Components used in the production of electricity from a renewable energy source are exempt from state sales and use tax.
- - A tax credit provided under new section 48D of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), enacted as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (P.L. 111-148). The credit is a tax benefit targeted to therapeutic discovery projects.
Local Property Tax Incentives
123的彩的新版网站The Colorado Urban and Rural Enterprise Zone Act and House Bill 02-1399 enables local governments, at their discretion, to provide property tax credits or incentive payments (Business Incentive Agreements (BIA)) based on the amount of increased property taxes for qualifying new business activity in their jurisdictions.