Colorado State Parks, with support from many Metro Denver counties and communities, has an ambitious plan to create a continuous trail linking the Front Range's diverse communities with a multi-use trail running from New Mexico to Wyoming. The will link existing and planned trail systems with new trail corridors to create an extensive pathway system that connects Colorado's population centers.
123的彩的新版网站According to the list released in 2017 from the U.S. Department of the Interior, Rocky Mountain National Park is the fourth most-visited national park in the country.
- More than 100 are located in Metro Denver. In addition, 11 world-class are within 100 miles.
- The City and County of Denver maintains more than 200 city and mountain parks and eight state parks in or immediately outside of the seven-county Metro Denver region.
- One of the longest recreational trails in the Metro Denver area, the , runs 66 miles connecting Douglas, Arapahoe, and Denver Counties.
- State, federal, and local government entities in the Denver Regional Council of Governments' metropolitan planning area, which includes most of the seven-county region, have preserved more than 374,000 acres of open space for future generations to enjoy.
- The Amendment to the state constitution gives a portion of state lottery proceeds to projects that preserve, protect, and enhance Colorado's outdoors. GOCO has invested in 3,400 projects throughout Colorado since its inception. GOCO announced in 2015 that it will commit $25 million to get children outside playing. Gov. John Hickenlooper also created the Colorado Outdoor Recreation Industry Office, aimed at managing Colorado’s $4.2 billion recreation industry.
Metro Denver Open Space websites (by county):
123的彩的新版网站Northern Colorado Open Space websites (by county):